Wednesday, July 15, 2009

[broken] sunglasses

we've all been there.

it seems the time you need your shades the MOST, they break.

this = my life story this past week.

(read to the end, there will be something you'll want, trust me)

last friday i reached in my bag to grab my shades that i would need for the whole week at kamp. confidently taking them out of my bag, slipping them on my head. i sigh. "thaaaaaats better." but they seemed a bit, odd fitting. loose if you will. i grabbed them off my head only to notice that one of the side pieces (ya know, the part that sticks behind your ear) was just completely disconnected from the rest of the glasses, with the screw missing! bummmerrrrr. i literally had planned on using those ALL week. anyway long story short, i spent the entire week at kamp missing and wishing my sunglasses back to me, but knowing that i at least had an extra pair at home that i would use once i returned. well.... negative. on my way out the door a couple of days ago i gasped in shock realizing that even my back up glasses had broke! sad, sad day. i had a few moments of minor panic, thinking about how much tiiiiiiiime, monnnnneeeyyy, and efffffforrrt buying new sunglasses takes (long drawn out dramatic words). but i quickly got over it, remembering that every good pair of sunglasses i have owned have somehow managed to just magically appear in my life. so, i rested in that for a bit. but still uncomfortable with the fact that i had managed to break two pairs of sunglasses within one week.

well friends, my life took a drastic turn for the better tonight as joel and i finished up our meal at oreganos (duh, where else?) and stumbled on into buffalo exchange. i spotted them right off the bat, like a needle in a haystack. they were calling my name. brown tortoise shell wayfarers. i tried 'em on, and the rest is history. NOT! do you really think that'd be the end to this story? come on people. so like i said, i DID try them on and joel and i both agreed they were a must have. an $8 must have, not bad. as i browsed around the store, gripping them tightly in my hand, i suddenly felt something not quite right. the glasses, they were breaking. in the middle! "nooooooooooooo!" i yelled out in utter disappointment (not really). it couldn't be. these were mine, my must have, my needle in a haystack. it just couldn't be. i looked down at the glasses expecting to find the jagged middle piece just hanging on for dear life. but what i found was something completely different. the glasses, they werent broken, they were bending. collapsing even. COLLAPSIBLE GLASSES! not just bendable, not just flexible, but collapsible!! i simply couldn't believe my eyes. this not only confirmed them as a must have yet again, but it completely mesmerized me. while joel kept looking around the store, i proceeded to walk around with my head down just studying the glasses in awe of their capabilities. is anyone else picking up on why these glasses are made for me?! come on i broke two pairs in one week, clearly if i had collapsible glasses, problems like that just wouldnt happen.

obviously i purchased the sunglasses with a smile on my face, wore them out of the store and for most of the car ride home (oh, and it was 9:30pm, pitch black outside). poor joel had to listen to me go on and on about my new discovery of the night. on the drive home i looked up and said to him, while wearing the glasses of course, "ive just never seen anything like this before. they MUST be german." <------ seriously how does he put up with this kind of stuff? needless to say, i am extremely happy with my $8 must have collapsible sunglasses, that will undoubtedly make my life better. i gave joel a basic run down of how these glasses function, and i will now do the same for you...

step #1... enjoy glasses as is.

step #2... fold down side pieces.

step #3... fold down side pieces again until flattened with the base.

step #4... fold glasses in half confidently knowing that they ARE in fact collapsible.

and there you have it. i couldnt be happier.

in honor of my happiness and YOUR ability to read through this entire post, i would like to give you an opportunity to win something. i stumbled upon these cuuuuuute cute sunglass cases (here, here, and here) that i want one of you to have. all you have to do is email me your best sunglasses photo. it can be just you, you with other people, you and your kid, you and your pet. whatever! it doesnt even have to be funny or mean anything. but it must be a photo that you yourself is in. just email me at acewesley404@aol.com, label it with your first and last name in the subject and send the photo with a short caption. all photos must be submitted by midnight on Friday, July 17th! i will announce a winner on saturday and you can pick your sunglass case of choice and i'll order it! easy right? i thought so.

key facts from this post:
- i break sunglasses
- collapsible sunglasses are introduced into my life
- i question how joel puts up with me and stuff like this sometimes
- i want to bless you and give you an adorable sunglass case so yours dont break
- email me (acewesley404@aol.com) your best sunglasses photo that you are in before midnight on july 17th and you could win a case!

thats all for now,
------steph.

1 comment:

Cristen said...

where can i purchase one of these cute cases?