Friday, January 1, 2010

candlestick holders.

are you obsessed with this beaded table runner from target? me too.

ive had my eye on it all season but waited until christmas decorations were 50% off to purchase. it was well worth the wait considering how im now even more obsessed with it paired with my green candlestick holders from anthro, one of my favorite christmas presents. they're so fun and quirky and they were just begging for some fun around the house...



my mom scored these vintage candlestick pillars at a yard sale and gave them to me for christmas. of course my first question after i opened them was "do you mind if i paint them?!"

finished product:

and wa-la! christmas table scape = complete. too bad i have to wait another year to bust it out again.

but one thing i love about each of these pieces is that they function well on their own. i will use the green and red candlestick holders in separate displays and merge them together in december for some christmas magic. on the table, on a shelf? who knows. but i do know that one day i will have a mantle that they will comfortable sit on.

and i cant wait for that day.