Sunday, May 16, 2010

emilie & a pocket full of sunshine

one of my favorite photographers, stephanie fay, recently wrote a blog post on how to use the light while shooting. after reading her post, i decided to find a model and go out to practice some of the tips she gave. luckily emilie was around and willing to model for me! she will be assisting me at this weekends wedding so i asked if she'd start the job a little early and model for these shots. i really wanted to focus on back and front lighting with these shots and i ended up getting some of my favorite lighting shots ive ever taken! keep in mind im still practicing and trying not to be scared of light... its a tough thing to master and something i am far from doing, but relaxed and low key sessions like this help me take my time to figure it out : ) thanks to steph fay for such a thorough post on lighting!






and thanks to emilie for being so willing to help me out with this! our "session" basically consisted of chatting, laughing, trying to change clothes without random strangers seeing, and a HUUUGE oreganos meal afterwards. love it.

1 comment:

cristen said...

love, love, love these. beautiful :)