Thursday, May 20, 2010

leaving the blogspot world

well friends, the time is nearly here, www.stephbarber.com is almost ready to go live. i cant believe its here! im so excited for my new and completely customized blog but at the same time, a little sad to be leaving the blogspot world. blogspot has been good to me, real good. since february of 2008 i've been logging in and creating posts in an effort to document life. ive made this place my home away from home... a place to share stories, memories, laughs, and to share in the joys of others through photos and designs. ive customized it more times than i can even remember and tried to create a space that truly represented who i was.

it is because of these reasons that i had a difficult time deciding to move on to bigger and better blogging, part of me questioned "does it really even exist?" blogspot has always just done the trick, its just what i know. but what if something was out there... blogging that would actually make my life easier, display my images better, and still offer really cool customizable settings. so now, 22,300 views later (say whaaaaaaa??), i've found the answers to these questions and im ready and excited to launch my new .com blogsite! im inviting, no BEGGING, for you to stay with me for the ride! the stories, projects, memories, photos, designs will all continue and hopefully even get better! i will just be at a new location.

i know a lot of you have followed me from the very beginning of this blog and i really cant say enough how truly truly grateful i am that you've kept coming back. im so excited for the new blog and everything that it will offer us! stay tuned and be ready for when the new site goes live and you can check it out for yourself!

in the mean time, i'd absolutely L-O-V-E it if you faithful readers would leave me one last blogspot comment?! i feel its only right.

alright, love to you all!
(ps, sorry if this seems like a way overdramatic post. i know its just a blog, but it really is more)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah Steph!! So excited for your new website.. LOVE YOU!!

Lisa Potter

Stephanie said...

Hurray! I can't wait to see the new site. :)

Deborah said...

Hee, I almost thought commented on yourself. You are my HERO!! Cannot wait for the new site. I will be there regularly as well.

janae said...

Steph...I love checking in to read your blog practically every day and I am thrilled for the new .com! Hooray for you! Keep up the good work, thanks for providing such entertaining reading, such fabulous photos and of course, the song playlist that I listen to everyday that I'm at the print shop. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so faithful to the blog, probably the faithfulest ever, BUT I can never remember my stupid password when i want to leave a comment. I'm so excited for the new site! I love you!!!!

Aunt Kathi

bz said...

can't W.A.I.T!

Barber Family said...

WOW! I am so sad about you leaving the blogspot but SOOOO excited for your new beginnings! You are so talented Steph and we love you! So pumped for all for the new stuff!
Jeannie & Tan

pilar said...

i guess now i will have to change my bookmark to your new dot com address. i don't think i can let the blogspot go just yet, i will have to properly say goodbye, maybe re-read every entry? i say yes!

bond said...

Steph! Can't wait for your new site! Its one of my favorite distractions from work (as you can tell from this mid workday comment :))

cristen said...

so excited for whats to come. :) i'm with pilar i think i'll need to reread before i can say goodbye to blogspot.

Gregory Jeffrey said...

i still haven't received my prizes from winning numerous games you posted. i guess i'll claim them when i come to AZ later this month! you're an awesome girl, and great at blogging, it's fun to see what your up to, you make it fun and exciting to read. see ya soon steph!